Sorry, nothing in cart.
***Can only be ordered in conjunction with any fruit and/or veg box ***
Red Papaya are oval shaped, have juicy red flesh and a delicious sweet tropical scent and flavour.
Preparing your Red Papaya
It’s super easy to unlock the tasty, goodness of your Red Papaya and have it ready to eat in no time!
- Cut your Papaya in half length ways.
- Remove the seeds using a spoon.
- Lay the halves flat and cut off both ends.
- Stand your Papaya on the flat end you’ve just created and peel carefully with a knife. Repeat for the other half.
- Lay your Papaya flat and slice (perfect for a platter) or dice (perfect for a delicious breakfast).
- Serve and enjoy! For a little extra zest, squeeze lime juice over the top!
Stages of Ripeness
If the skin is mostly green with a slight yellow
Keep it at room temperature and give it 3-4 days to fully ripen.
If the skin is mostly yellow with a slight green
Eat it now if you like a firmer consistency, or keep at room temperature and allow to ripen for 2 days if you prefer a sweeter and creamier flesh.
When the skin is completely golden yellow
It’s perfect to be enjoyed right now – or you can store it for up to 4 days in the fridge.